There's no place like home...

We have lots of pictures from our visit back to Oklahoma. Lots of fun and exciting events to celebrate and capture! It all started with my Dad celebrating his 60th and my good friend Natalie's little boy, Miles, celebrating his 1st. We had a day in the pool and fun times with family and friends barbequing. We were able to get to spend a lot of time with my family and friends. It's always so nice to come home. I feel like I miss so much now with all the little additions that keep coming. I love being able to spend just a fraction of time with them and being able to see all their little personalities. What I love the most is that Gunnar gets to play with them all.

Throughout the week we would meet Grammy most mornings while she was working. We went to the park and swam mostly, that is of course all happening very early since it was SO HOT! My friends, you know who I'm talking about, say AZ is SO HOT! But I will say that when we were in OK, it felt way more hot than in AZ right now. Maybe that will change in August, or September, or even October. It will still be quite hot in AZ then.

Thursday and Friday, Jeremy and I decided to get away for a few days in Dallas while Grammy took care of Gunnar. I think she enjoyed herself even more than we did. She is the best Grammy. She's always been that one person who has this "thing" with kids. Kids LOVE her. She doesn't really have to do anything, but kids just gravitate toward her. Since most of my childhood she had an in-home daycare I would I always see that, but seeing her with my baby is such an amazing feeling. She loves on him so much, and he loves her. She always says that maybe he remembers her so well since she spent so much time with him after he arrived. This makes me kind of sad to think that she actually thinks that at sometimes he doesn't remember her. She is too wonderful to not remember...that is what I pray she knows. He knows it.

On our couple day getaway, we played like kids at a water park, pampered ourselves with massages, went to the movies, shopped a little (Jeremy would probably say too much), and ate out for dinner each night. We enjoyed ourselves!

The weekend that followed us getting back from Dallas was a busy one. Sally's baby shower came first and I think was a great success. She got some good gear for her new little guy who's expected arrival is just about 6 weeks away! The next day we had Brooks' 1st birthday party. We had a blast at the big pool party with so many of our friends and their kiddos.

Monday night held one of the things I miss most about my Oklahoma. My friends. I have the most amazing friends. I love being able to chat about anything and everything with them. I felt a little spoiled on Monday...I wouldn't mind feeling spoiled a little more often by them.

Thank you Lord for you are so good.

Dad and brothers

Happy Birthday Miles and Knox!

Gunnar is ready for FB season.



Brooks and Gunnar


Sally and Sadie Grace

Lucky to have such amazing best friends!





Becca and Brooks



Love this and their choice of letters. You know what they must have been thinking.


All of my pregnant friends...who all look amazing!


Gunnar discovered our neighbors wagon...and loved it. Just held on and enjoyed the ride!




I love my handsome little man!

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture

About This Blog

This blog is mainly for friends and family to keep an eye on our family. We are unfortunately so far from many loved ones, but are very blessed to be able to keep everyone up to date through this blog. The Lord has truly blessed my family and I, and I would love to be able to share all those blessings. God bless

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP